WhatExperts agree that scheduling a licensed HVAC contractor every spring for thorough inspection & maintenance of your A/C system is one of the best things you can do.
A poorly maintained and/or inefficient A/C unit could be costing you huge amounts of money and could prove to be a safety risk.
You should trim any plants, shrubs, or trees around the exterior A/C unit(s) if they are near or coming in contact with it.
We highly recommend that annual service of the mechanical components of your A/C system be completed by a certified HVAC or other cooling specialist.
Some of the main things they should do in this annual service include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Inspecting condensation drains & thermostats.
2) Checking the air temperature splits.
3) Inspecting the compressor, motors, etc and lubricating where necessary.
4) Checking all operations of your system to the highest efficiency.
5) Checking and/or topping off refrigerant level(s)
6) Checking and/or replacing your air filter(s)